Are you bored of your Snapchat username and want to change it? Do you think having a new one will be a good idea? If yes, then you might have tried earlier to change it, but alas! Snapchat didn’t let you change your username. Isn’t it? It happens because of some safety reasons. You can’t overlook the reality that you have to keep it this way until you want to delete your account forever. However, there is always an alternative approach to face any obstacle, whether it is about life or Snapchat username.
In the case of the latter one, you may have two possible methods from which you can change your username on the application. So, have a look at these procedures, and try it out as upon your wish.
New Display Name on Snapchat [ Change Username ]
One of the two methods is to change the Display Name on your Snapchat account. You may be in a mess that how a Display Name can help in converting the username. True? It is a skill, and there is a logic behind that. Though your username remains the same after changing your Display Name, it will not be a piece of cake for your friends to see it. So, go ahead, and follow these steps:
- First of all, open your Snapchat account, and tap on the small Bitmoji icon on the top left side and then click on your profile.
- Secondly, tap the Settings icon, which looks like a gear shape, and goes into it.
- In Settings, you will see the first option as Name and second is the username, which you can’t change. So, pick the former one.
- Choose the Name, and replace it upon your wish, and then click the Save button. After completing the procedure, the latest Display Name will appear in your friends’ stories and chats.
However, they can only see your username when they open a chat with you and click the small icon on the top left side to see a summary of you.
Create a New Snapchat Account
Though changing a Display Name can hide your username most of the time, the chances are still there that someone can see it. It is then better for you to make a brand new account. Only, in that case, you can get a new username. To make a new Snapchat account, you need to follow these steps:
- Go to the link snapchat.com and then tap on the Create Account option. Fill out all the required information about you.
- Type your username that you want to keep for the new account. After entering the data, click on the Sign-Up and Accept button.
Making a fresh account doesn’t mean that you have to delete the old one instantly. Your new one will not recover your trophies, chats, or other data of the previous one, but you can manually add friends’ usernames to your latest account one by one.For more information please do visit the support page of Snapchat where they have clearly explained the procedure to reset the username.