We all are aware of the fact the BSNL has launched its broadband services a decade ago and it is one of the leading broadband service providers in India with millions of subscribers .
BSNL has introduced many unlimited broadband plans with different plans . Each BSNL Broadband plan has a unique price and internet speed. Few of the BSNL broadband plans are Rs 299 plan where User can expect 8MB speed till 1.5 GB / Day there after speed reduces automatically to 1Mbps .Similarly Rs 549 plan, Rs 675 plan , Rs 845 etc are launched by BSNL , where the BSNL bandwidth would be different [ more the price , more would be the internet speed ].
Here is the link to get updated list of BSNL broadband plans .
For suppose you have subscribed to 8MB plan , and you are facing issues the internet speed .[ Few years back BSNL Broadband internet speed offered by them was good , but in reality the speed is no where near to the speed mentioned in the plan ].
Decrease in the BSNL Broadband Speed, depends on many factors. Of course we are going to list out all the major problems related to Internet speed and how to boost Bsnl broadband speed.
But before going into the technical aspects, the best solution to tackle this problem is to call bsnl customer care [broadband] and let them know about the issues you are facing. This bsnl customer care service is available 24X7 and they would guide in fixing BSNL Broadband internet speed .
If you ask a non techy person about low internet speed , then the simple & childish you will get from them is “ Upgrade to Higher plan “. Here we are not going to tell you such silly things , instead we will focus on various aspects related to Operating System , DSN settings etc to boost internet speed.
Tips & Tricks to Increase BSNL Broadband Internet Speed :
BSNL Broadband has assortment of plans for Residential & Office Purpose . You can choose the best plan which suits your necessity. Most of the cases the Low speed internet speed is due to the faulty connections or damaged ones. So it’s better to remove all the wires related to Broadband once and connect them again. This process would remove the dirt accumulated in the Ethernet wire slot or any other loose connections .
If the issue still exists , then follow the below given solutions to fix BSNL broadband speed.
- Clear Browser Cache
May be you are using Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox or Safari , simple trick which would accomplish your task is to “clear cache in browser “. When your browser accumulates more cache it leads to slow internet . So clearing the Cache memory is the first step in boosting BSNL broadband speed.
We all know that most of the internet users use “Google Chrome” as their primary Browser . So here we cover the steps to clear to Cache in Google Chrome Browser.
- Open Google Chrome Browser and Press “Ctrl+H “ to get your browsers history . Now click on Clear Browsing Data “ option .
- A Popup window would Open with two options “Basic “ & “Advanced”.
- Click on the “Advanced “ Tab . Under this you will find “Clear Cache images & file”..Check it and click on the clear data button.
- That’s it .. Google Chrome Browser’s Cache data was removed.
- Change Google DNS Settings
Another simple trick to boost BSNL Broadband internet speed is to “change the default google DNS settings”.
Procedure to change DNS Settings :
- Go to Control Panel and look for “Network & Internet” Section.
- Under “Network & Internet “ , Click on “Network & Sharing Centre”.
- Now click on your BSNL internet connection and click to the properties option to edit it.
- Now Select Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP / IPv4) and click on properties.
- “Here you find and option to change Google DNS settings i.e. Select “Use the following DNS Server Address Automatically”..
Under Preferred DNS server : 184.108.40.206
Alternate DNS Server : 220.127.116.11
Enter the above mentioned Values in the fields specified.
Hope this simple DND Setting’s Fix would solve the BSNL broadband speed issue.
- Change the Bandwidth in “Group Policy Editor”.
Microsoft by default in windows Operating System has reserved 20% of available bandwidth for smooth working of OS like to get updates etc .You can increase the internet speed by making the 20% Windows OS bandwidth to 0% . This simple hack can surely boost your BSNL Broadband speed.
- Open Run [ Windows+R ] and type “gpedit.msc” to edit the Group Policy Editor.
- Now go to Local Computer Policy , under this you will find , Computer Configuration.
- Computer Configuration -> Administrative templates àNetworksà QoS Packet Scheduler à Limit Reserved Bandwith.
- Now Double Click on “Limit Reservable Bandwith” and change the value to “0” from “20”.
- Update Drivers
Outdated Drivers is another reason for low internet speed . You can fix this issue by updating the Drivers.
Conclusion : Any of the above mentioned procedure can surely solve the “Slow BSNL Broadband” issue. So its up to you check which process works better for you . Any queries or suggestions please do let us know in the comments section.