If you are a Verizon user, you should be familiar with Verizon Cloud. But if not, we’ll break it down for you.
What is Verizon ?
As you may or may not know Verizon is America’s largest wireless communications service provider and provides broadband, wireless and cable services to millions of customers across the country. Formerly Bell Atlantic, Verizon’s 4G LTE network covers 98% of the United States and is arguably one of the best mobile networks in the country excelling in categories such as overall, reliability, data, speed, calls and texting.
Verizon Cloud Online :
One of Verizon’s most impressive services is Verizon Cloud. Verizon Cloud affords users of the Verizon network to secure online storage for backing up and syncing contacts, pictures, videos, documents, music, text messages and call logs.
Features of Verizon Cloud
- 5GB Storage (additional storage can be bought)
- Wireless transfer of data
- Auto-sync and back up data
- Compatible with most tablets, iOS devices, and Android smartphones
- Built-in encryption
- Verizon cloud support
- Dashboard app allows users to know how much data has been used and how much data remains.
- Its business feature allows users to pay bills and download invoices (Verizon Cloud Enterprise)
How to get Verizon Cloud ?
If you are impressed by Verizon Cloud’s features, you’ll surely want to know how you can get Verizon Cloud on your PC, or iOS and Android devices. Here’s how:
- Visit the Verizon Cloud page
- Scroll until you see “Download the desktop app”
- Click the link and follow all prompts to install Verizon cloud desktop app
FOR IOS AND ANDROID
- Open the app store or Google Play Store
- Search for “Verizon Cloud” and, when the app appears in the search result, click “Install” or “Get”
- When the installation process has completed, open the app.
Create New Verizon Cloud Account | Verizon Cloud Login Online
To create a Verizon cloud account all you have to do is:
- Visit the Verizon cloud website i.e verizonwireless.com/my-verizon/
- Search for “SignIn/Register” and select the register option
- Follow the series of prompts that are displayed on the screen
You will have an ID and password after completing this step.
Verizon cloud Login from P.C can be done on the website or on the Verizon cloud desktop app. To do so you must:
My Verizon Cloud Sign in Online
- Visit the Verizon Cloud Website
- Search for the “SignIn” option
- Enter your ID and password
Verizon Cloud Sign in From Desktop App
- Double click the Verizon icon, this will open a login screen
- Fill in the ID and password you created to access your Verizon Cloud
Cons of Using Verizon Cloud
Above are all the pros or reasons why Verizon Cloud is so great, but it is only fair that we mention the cons:
- One drawback to Verizon Cloud is that the maximum storage for plans is 1TB. After this, you’ll have to store your data on a memory card or on another Verizon Cloud account which can prove to be an inconvenience
- There are no discounts for larger storage plans
- Only Verizon users can access Verizon Cloud
- The home screen is not customizable
- Notifications aren’t customizable
- If your Wi-Fi drops you will have to restart content restore process. It doesn’t pick up where it left off
Verizon Cloud Alternatives
While Verizon Cloud is a great service there is some close competition. If the cons listed above are too overwhelming here are a few Verizon Cloud alternatives:
- Amazon S3
- Digital Ocean
- Microsoft Azure
- Google Drive
- CM Backup
- Microsoft OneDrive
All these services offer pretty much the same thing as Verizon Cloud and can be used in place of it. Some of the alternatives listed above are free but you will have to pay for additional storage, for example, Microsoft One Drive, but chances are you’ll never need that much space anyway!