Who doesn’t want to get a smooth wireless internet connection that can use at any place without any mess? Most probably, the answer would be “no one,” because the modern era is a digital world, and cable connections are so outdated these days that nobody would give them preference. But many Windows 10 users complained about the invalid IP configuration error message, and because of the problem, they found difficulty in connecting with the Wi-Fi.
Almost every user tries to run the Network Troubleshooter, by right-clicking the networking icon and then choosing the Troubleshoot problems, you can also do this method. If this doesn’t fix the issue, you can try to disable and then re-enable the network adapter from the Network and Sharing Center. There are different methods to resolve this issue that will fix it with ease, so check out the solutions.
Recommended : Funny Wifi Names 2018 for Colleges
WiFi doesn’t have a valid IP configuration : Solutions :
1)Check the troubleshooting problem
Whenever you encounter with the invalid IP configuration error, the first step is to check the troubleshooting problem and try to use different general methods.
To clean the reboot, follow these steps:
- Press and hold the windows key with R to open theRun
- Type the word, msconfig in the horizontal bar, and then click the OK
- Choose the Selective startup on the General tab and clean the checkbox Load startup items.
- Now click on the Services tab, and select Hide all Microsoft services checkbox at the bottom side.
- Click Disable all button and then select the startup tab.
- Now click on the Open Task Manager, right-click every enabled startup item and choose the Disable button on the Startup
- Then click OK, and Restart.
Restore your system with the help of the following steps right after completing the troubleshooting.
- Again press the Windows and R keys, a Run box will appear on the screen.
- Type msconfig, and click OK
- Choose the Normal startup on the General tab and then select the
- Then clear the Hide all Microsoft services box at the bottom of the tab, and click enables all.
- Select the Startup
- Select Open Task Manager, and enables all the startup programs, then click OK and Restart.
This procedure will help you to fix the problem.
Windows Firewall’s default setting
Few users recommended setting the Windows Firewall setting to its default. To do so, follow the steps:
- Press the Windows and R
- Type cpl, and then click the Enter button.
- Click Restore Defaultstab, and then the Restore Defaults button.
- Then click the yes
2)Try to change the SSID and password
The network issues often occur because of numerous scripts and bots, malware, etc. sometimes. One of the excellent options to get rid of virus attacks is to install Cyberghost software that can shield your computer from them while browsing. It works like the protection, and secure your IP address by blocking the unwanted access.
There is a solution that even non-technical users can also fix the ‘Wi-Fi doesn’t have a valid IP configuration windows 10’ error by altering the wireless SSID and password. The only thing that you can do is to join your computer with the router with the help of Ethernet cable, then access your modem, and change both of them.
3)Update, uninstall and reinstall the Network driver
Updating the network adapter is a useful method to fix the invalid configuration issue. Just follow the steps, and solve the problem.
- Connect your router’s Ethernet cable with the laptop, and open the Control Panel.
- Go to the Device Manager option, and click on the Network Adapter.
- Pick your network adapter from the available options over there.
- Right-click the adapter, and use the update option.
- After completing the update, first, disable your adapter, and then enable it from the Device Manager tab to reset.
- The last step is to remove the cable, and check whether you fix the problem or not.
Remember one thing that if you see the option Roll Back Driver before the update, it indicates that the driver has already updated.
You can also check the IP configuration error by uninstalling and re-installing your Network Adapter. The steps are:
- Repeat the steps that you’ve used to update the Driver to get to the network adapter screen.
- After going there, right-click on your network adapter, and select the uninstall option, it will disappear from the list.
- Click where it says Action on the top left side of the screen.
- Select and click the Scan for Hardware Changes
- The computer will notice that your adapter is uninstalled, so it will automatically reinstall it.
- After this, restart your router, and then your computer.
- Then connect your PC with the Wi-Fi connection, and you will also need to re-enter the password for the network, too.
4)Renew your IP Address
You can try to renew or assign your new IP address with the manual procedure. All you need is to do:
- Search for the Command prompt on the taskbar.
- Press and right-click the Command Prompt option, and choose the Run as administrator, and then click yes.
To fix the IP address issue in Windows 10, try to check the following commands.
- Type the command, netsh Winsock reset and hit the Enter
- Type the command,netsh int IP resetand then push the Enter
- Type the command,ipconfig/release and hit the Enter
- Type the command,ipconfig/renew and press the Enter
Everybody knows that wireless internet network is so crucial not only for business or working individuals but also for students, women, and old age retired people. It is quite frustrating when the Wi-Fi connection displays error, so you should examine these procedures to adjust the invalid IP configuration problem in Windows 10.